The City of Edmonton is proud to once again host Free Admission Day. This year, it will be
on Sunday, September 29 from 10 am to 6 pm.
Free Admission Day is the City’s way of thanking citizens for their ongoing support of our
attractions, and recreation facilities. This annual event is also an opportunity to showcase
the City of Edmonton’s diverse facilities, promote programs and services, and celebrate
what each facility has to offer.
We are continuing our partnership with the YMCA, which will be offering free admission at
four of its facilities. Both the City of Edmonton and the YMCA are champions of the Live
Active Strategy and use Free Admission Day to motivate people to try out facilities they
have not visited before.
Past years have shown that this event will create longer lineups, increase wait times to
access facilities and increase traffic in areas surrounding participating facilities. To ensure
another successful Free Admission Day, the City will provide additional staff at each
location addressing the busy areas such as guest service locations.
For specific program information and a list of special events, please visit
Please see below for participating recreation facilities and attractions.
● Edmonton Valley Zoo
● John Janzen Nature Centre
Note: Muttart Conservatory and Fort
Edmonton Park closed - rehabilitation
Recreation and Leisure Centres
● Clareview Community Recreation Centre
● Commonwealth Community Recreation
● St. Francis Xavier Sports Centre
● Terwillegar Community Recreation Centre
● The Meadows Community Recreation Centre
Arena - Public Skate
● Kenilworth 12:45pm - 1:45pm
● Oliver 1:45pm - 2:45pm
● Londonderry 4pm - 5pm
● Terwillegar 4:45pm - 5:45pm
YMCA and Partnership Facilities
● Castle Downs Family YMCA Community Centre
● Don Wheaton Family YMCA Community Centre
● Jamie Platz YMCA Community Centre
● William Lutsky YMCA Community Centre
● Kinsmen Pitch N Putt